Two & half Year Achievement Report
Major achievement of SC Welfare Department for the year 2018-19, 2019-2020 and 2020-21
(Up to December, 2020)
- Boarding House Stipend: -This stipend is provided for 322 days in a year. The SC boys & girls who reside in the Boarding Houses get Boarding House Stipend @ Rs.65/- per day per student including cleaning charge. At present 52 SC hostels are run by the Department for Welfare of SCs. Total, 1993 students benefited during 2018-19 & 2019-20.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC students: - This is a State Budget Scheme. The SC students of Classes VI to VIII are getting this scholarship @Rs.40/- per month per student for a period of 10 months in a year. Total, 44962 students benefited during 2018-19 & 2019-20.
- Dr. B.R. Abmedkar Memorial Award: - This is a State Budget scheme. Under this scheme, the SC students who get 60% or above marks in annual/final examination from VI to VIII, IX and Madhyamik&H. S. (+2) stage examination get this award as per following rate Class-VI to VIII Rs.400/-, Class-IX-Rs.700/- and Madhyamik& HS (+2) stage examination Rs.1,500/-. Total 16,316 students benefited during 2018-19 & 2019-20.
Besides, the SC students, who got position in the 1st to 10th in the Madhyamik& HS (+2) stage examination declared by the Tripura Board of Secondary Education every year and are permanent residents of Tripura, will be eligible for the award. The award will be a cash award of Rs.25,000/- per student along with a Gold Medal and Commendation Certificate.
- Nursing & Paramedical Courses: - The SC students are being sponsored for B. Sc, GNM, B. Ed & D. El. Ed and Paramedical course with inside and outside the State. During 2018-29, overall 141 SC students and during 2019-20, overall 109 SC students were sponsored inside and outside the State. Total 250 students are sponsored of this Directorate during 2018-19 & 2019-20.
- Post Martic Scholarship to SC students (CSS 100%):- This is a Centrally Sponsored scheme. The students perusing students of different level from classes XI to College/University are being provided scholarship for MBBS/Engineering/Agri B. Sc/BHMS/BVSc etc. course. The students are eligible for getting this benefit whose parents/guardians annual income does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum. Total 35,241 students benefited during 2018-19, 2019-20 & 2020-21.
- Special Central Assistance to Sch. Castes Sub-Plan (SCA to SCSP) CSS other than CASP (SCA to SCSP)-(100%):- Under this Scheme-Infrastructure development, Income generation activities & Skill development training to SC youths are taken up for development of SC community. Total 17,836 SC beneficiaries benefited during 2018-19 & 2019-20. During 2020-21, total 10,283 beneficiaries have been given financial assistance for income generation and fund also provided to 53 nos. school in SCA/PMAGY selected villages for strengthening of Computer Education.
During 2020-21, Skill training in different trade is going on for 2440 SC unemployed youththrough agencies in contractual basis. The trade wise details are as follows:-
- Self Employed Tailor- 320
- Light Motor Vehicle Driver-500
- Assistant Beauty Therapist- 500
- Domestic Data Entry Operator- 480
- Machine operator Plastic Processing -160
- Machine operator Plastic Moulding-160
- Leather Bag maker- 320
Besides, the also skill training on biofloc fish farming provided to 160 SC fish farmers through Fishery Department and skill training also provided to 150 SC unemployed youth to make eligible for recruitment in CAPF , Army and other organization through KTDS.
- PradhanMantriAdharsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY):- Under PMAGY scheme VDP has been prepared and uploaded for all 30 selected villages. During 2018-19, 2019-20 & 2020-21, total 624.00 lakhs have been sanctioned for Gap-Filling and administrative expenses purpose.
- Tripura Scheduled Castes Co-operative Development Corporation (TSCCDC) Ltd.:- Total 770 SC beneficiaries were benefited under various schemes through disbursement of loan by the TSCCDC Ltd. during 2018-19, 2019-20 & 2020-21.